Author Topic: 110-120MPH on the M4, London Bound  (Read 11236 times)

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: 110-120MPH on the M4, London Bound
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »
AND

If I see someone in the outside or middle lanes with nothing on the inside of them I'm forced to do one of two things.  Flash them with my main beams to get them to shift or undertake, both of which make me look like the bad driver.

Both of those procedures are also illegal. Headlamp flashing is classed as harassment by the constabulary and is frowned upon.
Undertaking is TOTALLY illegal and against the highway code. Neither of these practises should be followed.

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline fluffyducky

• TS2 Class
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 10:59:39 AM »
I'm not condoning the practice, but lane hogging when the inside lane is free is also frowned upon by the boys in blue, and other road users.  It causes a huge amount of the congestion on motorways and causes huge frustration in other drivers.  This frustration is vented by people wanting to remind the person infront of their obligation to move over, flashing after patiently waiting behind them for yonks is the best practice.  Otherwise the muppet in front, who is likely not to look in the rear view mirror, would never move without a kind hint.  However tanking along at 70+ flashing your main beems like a copper is aggressive and very naughty!  Undertaking is something I partake in once in a while, late at night or in the early hours.  Usually when some idiot is in the middle or outside lane and theres nothing else on the motorway.  Why should I move accross two lanes in order to legally pass an idiot?  I really hate middle lane drivers, can you tell?!  >:D >:( O0 
Fiat Marea Weekend with cracked windscreen and a misfire... oh how the mighty have fallen.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
You dont say  ! !
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline daiking

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »
I'm not condoning the practice, but lane hogging when the inside lane is free is also frowned upon by the boys in blue, and other road users.  It causes a huge amount of the congestion on motorways and causes huge frustration in other drivers.  This frustration is vented by people wanting to remind the person infront of their obligation to move over, flashing after patiently waiting behind them for yonks is the best practice.  Otherwise the muppet in front, who is likely not to look in the rear view mirror, would never move without a kind hint.  However tanking along at 70+ flashing your main beems like a copper is aggressive and very naughty!  Undertaking is something I partake in once in a while, late at night or in the early hours.  Usually when some idiot is in the middle or outside lane and theres nothing else on the motorway.  Why should I move accross two lanes in order to legally pass an idiot?  I really hate middle lane drivers, can you tell?!  >:D >:( O0 
Not worth the hassle really, I just go round on the outside if its not busy. I would never flash my lights but I might accidentally nudge them onto full beam as I'm behind them, whilst indicating to overtake of course  ;)

I have also been known to play a game, I don't know the name of it but you overtake, pull in allow the middle lane hogger to overtake and go round the outside again. You keep going until they reelise they're supposed to pull in. Mostly though its too busy whilst I'm driving.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »