Author Topic: Wash's Mazda 3 Project  (Read 13491 times)

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
Re: Wash's Mazda 3 Project
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »
Ive never been a fan a white wheels but they look nice. and the clear fog is a must it was one of the best mods i have done to my 3 it just ties all the back end together
The wheels are just a normal silver, not white.  :P
I've put the centre caps on the front wheels but can't get them onto the rear wheels because the wheel nuts come in the way. Need to buy some tapered wheel nuts so I can get rear ones to fit too.

Offline jigg

• TS2 Class
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
Oh yer i can see now. well maybe you should paint them white lol.

Looks nice.

Ebay is your friend

Offline Jamestopdog

• TS Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »
Any close up of rear fitment mate? I was thinking of going 17x9.75 et25 on rear but,think may poke too much even with a bit of tyre stretch? If not going to go 8.25 et30 all round

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »
I'll take some pictures later tonight. It depends how low you're going to go though, I've now lowered mine on coilovers and I've realised that I need spacers for the rears because they're not quite flush and I'd like them to poke out a bit more. If you're going pretty low then I'd say go for it but you will probably need something like a 215/45 tyre and might need to roll your arches. Mine are 9J ET35 with 205/40s on them but I have had to roll and pull my arches a little. They don't rub but they might occasionally tough the wheel arches when the suspension hits it's lowest point.

Offline jigg

• TS2 Class
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
How much did it cost you to have your arches rolled because I got rx8 wheel and I'm getting some coilovers because my car isn't low enough for me and they poke so I will need my arches rolled if I want to drop it anymore

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »
How much did it cost you to have your arches rolled because I got rx8 wheel and I'm getting some coilovers because my car isn't low enough for me and they poke so I will need my arches rolled if I want to drop it anymore
Did it myself with a cricket bat mate, LOL!  ;D

Offline jigg

• TS2 Class
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
Ahhhh ok. I won't be doing that lol  :o

Offline Jamestopdog

• TS Class
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
I'll take some pictures later tonight. It depends how low you're going to go though, I've now lowered mine on coilovers and I've realised that I need spacers for the rears because they're not quite flush and I'd like them to poke out a bit more. If you're going pretty low then I'd say go for it but you will probably need something like a 215/45 tyre and might need to roll your arches. Mine are 9J ET35 with 205/40s on them but I have had to roll and pull my arches a little. They don't rub but they might occasionally tough the wheel arches when the suspension hits it's lowest point.

Im sticking at -40mm bro , my last honda was -70mm . Not practical for everyday use!

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »

Im sticking at -40mm bro , my last honda was -70mm . Not practical for everyday use!
Ah right, nah I wouldn't get wheels that wide with such low offsets because they're going to look silly unless you're mega low.

Offline Jamestopdog

• TS Class
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »
Yeah thats what I thought, 8.25 as wide as I want to go. Is the standard sport wheel et52?

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
Thought I should update this...

After a bit of saving up, finally managed to buy some coilovers. KW V1s! :D
The lowering springs weren't low enough for me and the ride wasn't the best on them either (maybe because I was still on the stock shocks).

Here's a few pics of them after installation - lowered the car quite a bit more, rear is sitting spot on but I need to wind the coilovers down a little more at the front yet. I need to take some proper pics too so you can get a clear picture of what the ride height is like but just haven't had the time yet. Will get some better pics up soon.

The ride is considerably better on these coilovers compared to the standard shocks on apex lowering springs - far less crashy and bouncy over road imperfections (of which there are many in Birmingham lol). It's still quite firm but it's not as unforgiving as it was, a very good compromise between sporty and comfortable IMO. With regards to the handling, the car inspires a lot of confidence in the beds and you'll be surprised at what speeds you can take corners at! Still need to get a wheel alignment done which will be done soon at Wheels in Motion (based in Milton Keynes), they have a great reputation for being proper suspension gurus.

Also fitted some LED footwell ambient lighting, just a simple and clean white colour for the LEDs.

A new exhaust too! Sounds really good for a diesel but I haven't got any videos unfortunately. Might make one eventually.

Since these photos I've dropped the front a little bit more, but it does sit pretty low now.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:18:31 AM by Wash »

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
Started sorting out the horrid bodywork... yes, I will be changing the colour and at the same time I will be fitting the lovely MPS rear bumper that I have here, replacing the ugly one standard one I have atm. The MPS one has a much bigger diffuser and looks far more aggressive.

Lots of things prepped here but won't be posting any pictures until it's completely finished - only half done at the moment.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »