Author Topic: '06 2l Sport Saloon - first Mazda  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Condor_R3d

• S Class
'06 2l Sport Saloon - first Mazda
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:02:15 AM »
Morning all.

Been looking for a new car for a while now, wanted a decent compromise between performance, reliability and running costs and narrowed it down to a few different cars. One thing slightly less important to me was that I wanted something a little different and I fell for the Mazda 3 sport saloon.

Found a black, 1 owner, FSH, 2l '06 sport saloon (pre-facelift), unmarked leather with 67k on the clock for a decent price and went to check it out yesterday. It was in great condition, a few light scratches which will polish out and the front brake discs looked a bit rough, but it's being MOT'd before I pick it up and the dealer said they also do anything that gets listed as an advisory before sale so they should be done (they were an advisory on the last MOT). Checked the rear arches and was pleased to see no rust at all, looks like they've had some form of protective stuff put on too.

Took it out for a decent test drive on a mix of roads and it was so smooth, really impressed - before the test drive I was going to go away and have a think about it, but it was so good I didn't want to miss out on it. They don't seem to come up too often round the Midlands, atleast not in this condition with the leather.

My current car is an '03 Focus ST170 which I love and I'll be gutted to give it up after 4 great years, but it's just so expensive to run - insurance / tax / petrol and parts. Despite not being particularly quick unless thrashed Ford gave it the ST badge which all adds up to a massive premium on parts and ludicrous labour charges. Although tax and fuel aren't much cheaper with the Mazda, my insurance quotes are almost half  :).

I love driving and drive to Cornwall and Scotland a few times a year which should be alot more comfortable in the Mazda. I've seen people comment on the road noise in the Mazda, but believe me, it's got nothing on my ST170 lol - stereo on LOUD just to hear it, sometimes felt like flying a light aircraft. One thing I know I'll miss though is the 6-speed box...but I'll get over it.

Pick it up a week tomorrow  ;D

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: '06 2l Sport Saloon - first Mazda
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
Welcome to the Forum. I hope you are happy with your new choice. Be sure to have a good look around the forum, we have a ton of information available to you here. Be sure to utilize the search function on the home page, it will help you tremendously.

Saloons Rule  ! !   
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline bigdod

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »
Welcome mate!

I have had mine for a month now and loving every minute.  I used to sell Mazdas in 2005-2007 and always wanted a 3 Sport Saloon.

Its the way forward... enjoy! ;-)

"Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" (Ferris Beuller, 1986)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »