Author Topic: Mazda going into profit and new models  (Read 8086 times)

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
Mazda going into profit and new models
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »

Offline Geordie

• TS2 Class
Re: Mazda going into profit and new models
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:04 AM »
And is that it?

Try adding a few more words to you post if you want any type of response other wise why bother?

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
And is that it?

Try adding a few more words to you post if you want any type of response other wise why bother?

(A) What made you think I was after a response???

I wasn't after one - I was just passing on ('bothering' to give)  information that I thought may be interesting to some.

(B) The subject heading tells you to what the links refer.

If I had written anything, it would have just been a precis of what was in the links. I had no intention of giving my views on the contents of the articles.  If someone wanted to see the links it would have only taken a second or two for them to load and then decide whether it was worth reading.

(Yes, why bother, when obviously people like you have to make sarcastic, unfounded comments)

Offline Geordie

• TS2 Class
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
A - it's a forum - that's the concept.

B - if a car manufacturer does not bring out new model's they won't make any profit - says it all really. Thought everyone would know that but obviously not.

Offline shian

• MPS Class
  • New obsession: ONE OK ROCK
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
Please, as much as we have a right to hold differing opinions, we can also not hold an opinion if we so wish.  I don't see what the issue is with providing links to items and not saying anything about it.  Sometimes there isn't anything to say about something.  And sometimes people share things because someone may find it interesting or of use.  People do it all the time on forums, social networking sites.  Sometimes in real life you talk to people and you share something you thought might be interesting to others but get no interest in the topic.  Is it such a big deal?

I looked at the new model article, read it and thought "oh okay".  That's it. What's the problem.  Person who wrote it probably thought that it might interest someone, maybe it did maybe it didn't, who knows, maybe it'll go down as an I solved mystery.  Was there a need to come across antagonistic?

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
To bring this back on topic.

Sounds good. Here is hoping that they will bring out something to move forward on the RX series. The RX-8 was good but it needs a replacement in keeping with the 3-rotor. Something that could possibly rival the likes of Nissans GT-R ( that will be a challenge) or Toyotas GT-86 and the like. An iconic car that would rival the mazdas pin up car, the rx-7.

Personally would love to see the MPS series bring out more models. Mazda 6 MPS, go for the AWD system again. Would be interesting. Even a mazda 2 MPS. 1.6/2.0 turbo pushing 185-200bhp would rival the likes of vauxhalls corsa VXR, new fiesta ST, clio 197, ibiza FR etc.

I leave my opinions here purely for discusion and interested to see what others would like to see :)

Offline shian

• MPS Class
  • New obsession: ONE OK ROCK
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
My bro would have gone for a 6MPS if they'd done one but they hadn't, due to the market interest being reduced b the growing interest in small economic cars...

If these new engines are genuinely more economical then who knows... But up to now Mazda has disappointed when it comes to economy

A 2 MPS would be interesting to see

Offline Wash

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »
To bring this back on topic.

Sounds good. Here is hoping that they will bring out something to move forward on the RX series. The RX-8 was good but it needs a replacement in keeping with the 3-rotor. Something that could possibly rival the likes of Nissans GT-R ( that will be a challenge) or Toyotas GT-86 and the like. An iconic car that would rival the mazdas pin up car, the rx-7.
I don't think there's any point in Mazda trying to challenge the GT-R, it would probably cost them too much to develop and then when it finally goes on sale, it would cost too much for anyone to buy. Going up against the GT-86 would be a great idea though. What's there not to like about another cheap, fun, relatively economical RWD sports car?
I also think it's about time Mazda dropped the rotary engine, I know that's a bit like saying McDonalds should stop selling burgers but the rotary engine is going no where. Unless they can make it far more reliable and much, much, much more fuel efficient then I don't think there's any point in further developing the rotary engine. The only reason the RX8 was forced out of production was because of it's engine. I mean really, who wants a car that's that is unreliable, with high fuel consumption, high oil consumption, high maintenance along with high tax!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »