Author Topic: 2nd hand '08 Mazda 3 1.6 Takara Hatch  (Read 2252 times)

Offline pabs

• S Class
2nd hand '08 Mazda 3 1.6 Takara Hatch
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi, I have just bought my first Mazda and I am very impressed.

There are just a couple of things I am not sure about.
I think I have a piece missing in the boot as the jack handle, wheel brace and towing eyelet are just rattling around in the spare wheel well. The handbook implies there are 4 (!) options for the hatchback, how do I know which one I should have?
Is there any way I can get the speedo to light up in the day? It is so recessed that at times it is difficult to see the dial.

Many thanks

Offline MELennium

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2015
Re: 2nd hand '08 Mazda 3 1.6 Takara Hatch
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
I think there should be a small dial next to your tachometer that you can turn to increase/decrease the light on the dials.
Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Hatchback  Aluminium 2015
(65 reg)
use to own:
Mazda3 Sports Nav2.0 Soul Red 214 (63 reg)
Mazda 3 Venture Special Edition 1.6d Dolphin Grey  2012 (62 reg)
Mazda 3 Takuya Special Edition 1.6  Velocity Red 2010 (60 reg)
Mazda Katona Special Edition Galaxy Grey 2006
(56 reg)

Offline Geordie

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
For the dash lights in between the three dial clusters theres a button on the left for the light adjustment. The one on the right is for the tachometer reset / switch between a & b. as for the tools the jack should be under the flap on the left hand rear light. The other bits should be in a polystyrene tray above the spare wheel

Offline brianshel

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
For the dash lights in between the three dial clusters theres a button on the left for the light adjustment. The one on the right is for the tachometer reset / switch between a & b. as for the tools the jack should be under the flap on the left hand rear light. The other bits should be in a polystyrene tray above the spare wheel

Unfortunately no there isn't any way of doing what you want with the dash lights. I have a Takara 58 Auto. There is no adjustment available when the vehicle lights are off, even thought he driver's handbook says there is! It seems what we want is not available on all models.

I do agree it is unsatisfactory, but we are stuck with(out) it. Typical! Anything that really is useful, you only get with the top model, but probably with other items which are of no real value.

Sorry! Not what you wanted to hear.

Offline pabs

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »
Thanks very much everyone. The polystyrene tray makes sense, I will have a word with the Mazda dealer who supplied the car.
I had a look next to the tacho and there is only one knob and no any evidence of another, so there is no way of having the dash lights on in daylight. Thats a real same but something I will have to put up with.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »