Author Topic: Delivery Times  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Kjendal

• S Class
Delivery Times
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
Contacted my local Mazda dealer today with regards to ordering a Sport Nav CX-5.

The dealer currently has 2 CX-5's in the Showroom and I was shown around one and have to say its very impressive, big jump up from my Mazda3.

Now the disappointing bit, For a new CX-5 Sport Nav ordered from the Factory, i have been quoted a January 2013 delivery...  :o :o As my vehicle would only be built in October.

Does this seem right?

Offline FleX

• Sports Class
Re: Delivery Times
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
Seen something posted on the mazda official facebook saying they're struggling with the CX5 demand.

Could be related...

Offline daiking

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »
General demand and also stories the past couple of days that they are struggling to get 19" tyres. So a 5 month delay on higher spec models (nav, leather, 19s etc) apparently they're looking at putting 17" on more cars which could cut a month off waits.

Offline deanparkr

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
Blimey it seems odd that tyres are the thing holding it back?

Offline Kjendal

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »
General demand and also stories the past couple of days that they are struggling to get 19" tyres. So a 5 month delay on higher spec models (nav, leather, 19s etc) apparently they're looking at putting 17" on more cars which could cut a month off waits.

So if my CX-5 is ordered now, it may infact come with 17" alloys instead of 19"? Or are they giving customers the option to go for the smaller size in order to get their new vehicle quicker?

Offline Geordie

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:24 AM »
If they are popular at the moment of corse the lead time will be pushed out. For a normal car where there are no stocks built up your talking of a 3 month wait. With the credit crunch a few years ago no one wants to hold stock it's all made to order so I would say this is fair.
Only other option is to see if there any used models in the dealer network but I should guess you will have more luck finding some rocking horse poo!

Offline Kjendal

• S Class
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »

So if my CX-5 is ordered now, it may infact come with 17" alloys instead of 19"? Or are they giving customers the option to go for the smaller size in order to get their new vehicle quicker?

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »
Nt surprised. As usual a lot of car for the money + great reviews and it looks good. Will be a great seller for Mazda so lead times will be fairly long.
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »