Author Topic: Bus lane penalty  (Read 5347 times)

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
Bus lane penalty
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
I got a fine for entering a bus lane in Glasgow city centre 11th may! Gonna fight it tho as I was parking in the bays the other side of it, I had no choice but to drive over it! Has anyone else had one yet?
Done: Light smoke tint all round, Powder coated wheels in charcoal grey, LED number plate + side + interior lights + front fogs, Carbon look centre console, Black magic tree and Baby on Board sign.

Offline Gizmo89

• Takara Class
Re: Bus lane penalty
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
That suck mate, what was the fine? where abouts was it, they're all bastards.  lol

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
Just like a parking ticket, £60 but £30 if u pay straight away! West George street, you know where lloyds bar is? Loads of people are getting refunds or the fine canceled cos the system is not 100% yet!
Done: Light smoke tint all round, Powder coated wheels in charcoal grey, LED number plate + side + interior lights + front fogs, Carbon look centre console, Black magic tree and Baby on Board sign.

Offline ross27

• MPS Class
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »
Just like a parking ticket, £60 but £30 if u pay straight away! West George street, you know where lloyds bar is? Loads of people are getting refunds or the fine canceled cos the system is not 100% yet!
My girlfriend works just across from lloyds bar so i'll need to watch when im in picking her up. Sometimes i sit in the spaces further back when i arrive early, so i know exactly what you mean!

Offline yarb

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »
Sounds like the same problem highlighted on Rip Off Britain the other night.  They were parking in their back gardens but had to enter them via a car park which had number plate recognition camera's
Made it to retirement  :)

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »
I'm all for giving out fines to people who abuse bus lanes etc but they need to do it right!
Ross, that's where I was goin! Maybe your misses works for the letting agent I'm renting from, if so see if she can get my rent down!! If only! Lol. Are you coming to the next Glasgow meet?

Offline ross27

• MPS Class
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
I'm all for giving out fines to people who abuse bus lanes etc but they need to do it right!
Ross, that's where I was goin! Maybe your misses works for the letting agent I'm renting from, if so see if she can get my rent down!! If only! Lol. Are you coming to the next Glasgow meet?
Shes in the optical express call centre, so im afraid all she could do is book you for an eye test!  ;)

I'll need to see nearer the time mate, but i hope so!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:21:41 PM by ross27 »

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
Good stuff, no date set yet tho so keep an eye on it!

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »
UPDATE- ticket cancelled! So pleased with that, fight the system!!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »