Author Topic: A little dissapointed, 1.6 TS2 UPDATED!  (Read 16337 times)

Offline TS Marty

• TS Class
Re: A little dissapointed, 1.6 TS2
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »
I also had a Mazda 3 for 14 months and i to dont like it. Truthfully i think its a bad of crap (pardon my expression)

Mines a TS 1.6 54 reg 31k

+ Plus point
Looks good
Its been very reliable
Loverly road handling

- Nective Points
ROAD NOISE i cant here me daughter in the back with the radio very low on long runs its almost unbearable
CLUTCH have to rev it so i dont snap me neck
ECONOMY Worst car i have every owned £20 does 80-90 miles
RUST starting to come through on the wheel archs
PERFORMANCE supposed to be 105BHP but cant keep up with a 75BHP astra diesel

Truthfully we have stopped using (apart from the GF going to work 3 days a week) it because it costs to much. We went out and bought an astra 1.7 dti and its loverly to drive quieter with more power and the ecomomy is 60MPG combined TAX £30

If we didnt need 2 cars ATM the 3 would have been sold.

At one point we where that ennoyed we payed a dealer to do a full check on the car, which nothing can up

I would recommend a 3 but a diesel version but defo not the asmatic 1.6

Offline The_Grouch

• S Class
Re: A little dissapointed, 1.6 TS2 UPDATED!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »
I hear what you are saying Marty, as well as the problems I mention in my initial post, I also find my car very slow, and it can be hard work on the motorway at times. I can't say I've ever really noticed the road noise though, nor any problems with the clutch, the clutch in mine feels just like every Ford Car I've ever driven which suits me fine.

Out of interest how many miles can you get from a full tank?

UPDATE: In other news though, I've just collected my car from the bodyshop (Paintology, Beeston) who have removed the wheel arch rust and re-painted a large portion of the rear quarters. Cost was £160, its looking good, and they are guaranteeing it for 5 years.

Next month I'm getting Xcarlink to save my frustration with the dodgy CD changer! Not much I can do about poor economy or high tax cost, but I'm looking to keep the car another year now. Unless I see a great deal on a late mk1 Honda Jazz that it is....

Here are the before pics of the rust:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:13:43 PM by The_Grouch »

Offline S11NYP

• TS Class
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
Hi The_Grouch,

Iv just called Paintology, I have the same issue. Just purchased my Mazda TS2 to find surface rust starting to come through on the rear arch.
Was just wondering how you found Paintology's work and has the colour match blend etc come out well. Mines a black colour so am a little worried lol..
I have been qouted around £250.00 in Leicester where I live to have this work carried out.

By the way of this topic where do you get your car serviced?

Any help would be appricated.

Kind Regards

Suny

Offline rmvf

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
I had previously had a 54 plate 1.4s mazda 3 and we had a recall for rear wheel arches, they put a rubber bead around it ( nicely done looked well from what i can remember ) £100 at mazda,s cost. mazda dealers should still be able to do it, hope this helps.

Offline The_Grouch

• S Class
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »
Suny, I'm very happy with Paintology's work in terms of colour match, its perfect, there is no way you could ever tell it has been painted. Whether they have cured the rust problem, only time will tell, we all know it is a manufacturing defect though, so I kinda suspect it will be back eventually, hopefully not for a while though.

rmvf - many people tell me they had a recall, my dealer (Sandicliffe) are adamant there is no recall on mine, I've even rang Mazda and been told this by them too. They did me a quote to de-rust, re-paint and fit the rubber strip (I've seen this fix on some other early Mazda 3's around town) but they wanted £350 with VAT!

I had Sandicliffe do my last service, but I don't expect I will take it there next time, so I wouldn't recommend.

Offline S11NYP

• TS Class
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
I had previously had a 54 plate 1.4s mazda 3 and we had a recall for rear wheel arches, they put a rubber bead around it ( nicely done looked well from what i can remember ) £100 at mazda,s cost. mazda dealers should still be able to do it, hope this helps.

Hi, Which Mazda dealer was this, do you have any contact details etc... Suppose it wont cure the issue etc?

Offline S11NYP

• TS Class
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
Suny, I'm very happy with Paintology's work in terms of colour match, its perfect, there is no way you could ever tell it has been painted. Whether they have cured the rust problem, only time will tell, we all know it is a manufacturing defect though, so I kinda suspect it will be back eventually, hopefully not for a while though.

rmvf - many people tell me they had a recall, my dealer (Sandicliffe) are adamant there is no recall on mine, I've even rang Mazda and been told this by them too. They did me a quote to de-rust, re-paint and fit the rubber strip (I've seen this fix on some other early Mazda 3's around town) but they wanted £350 with VAT!

I had Sandicliffe do my last service, but I don't expect I will take it there next time, so I wouldn't recommend.

Cheers for the information.

Wow £350.....

This Mazda seems to be costing me more then my PD130 Bora lol... All the work its having on it lol...

Lets hope the engine is ok as the 1.6d reading up on things seems like the turbos go.....

Offline rmvf

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

Hi, Which Mazda dealer was this, do you have any contact details etc... Suppose it wont cure the issue etc?

Gk group sheffield, mazda dealer penistone road not for from hillsborough football ground can remember what year i had it done the the rubber strips did the trick. you can get tel no via internet search, hope this helps.

Offline S11NYP

• TS Class
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »

Gk group sheffield, mazda dealer penistone road not for from hillsborough football ground can remember what year i had it done the the rubber strips did the trick. you can get tel no via internet search, hope this helps.

Rang these guys, they didnt have a clue lol....
Booked into paintology now lol...

Offline Staningrimsb

• Takara Class
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
Its each to there own I suppose,

If you want performance dont buy a 1.6 Mazda 3,
If you want fuel economy go for the diesel, you can please most of the people some of the time
but you will never please all of the people all of the time. As for the initial comment about paying to much
at the time of purchase I am afraid thatg was your decision you could have walked away.

I recently sold a Mini Cooper JCW 210BHP with every extra you can imagine to buy my 55 plate Mazda 3 and I dont regret it at all,
I needed more space, better fuel economy and had a lot of extras that I never used.

Yes the Mazda has problems with a bit of rust but that can easily be sorted, the performace is not the best but thats not what it was made for,
it looks good, has the space & the economy and I love driving it.
When you have removed the impossible, the improbable however unlikely has to be the truth.

Offline S11NYP

• TS Class
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »
Its each to there own I suppose,

If you want performance dont buy a 1.6 Mazda 3,
If you want fuel economy go for the diesel, you can please most of the people some of the time
but you will never please all of the people all of the time. As for the initial comment about paying to much
at the time of purchase I am afraid thatg was your decision you could have walked away.

I recently sold a Mini Cooper JCW 210BHP with every extra you can imagine to buy my 55 plate Mazda 3 and I dont regret it at all,
I needed more space, better fuel economy and had a lot of extras that I never used.

Yes the Mazda has problems with a bit of rust but that can easily be sorted, the performace is not the best but thats not what it was made for,
it looks good, has the space & the economy and I love driving it.

Well said mate.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »