Author Topic: Hastings Direct  (Read 7065 times)

Offline danny89

• S Class
Hastings Direct
« on: March 31, 2012, 11:30:39 PM »
anyone with hastings direct know if you can drive any car on your own insurance??

Offline brianshel

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2008
Re: Hastings Direct
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
anyone with hastings direct know if you can drive any car on your own insurance??

I'm not with Hastings Direct, but in common with any motor insurance, look at your Certificate of Insurance. This will tell you who is entitled to drive, and which vehicle(s).

Beware however, under "Persons or classes of persons entitled to drive" it may say something like

"Provided the policyholder is not employed in the motor trade, he/she may also drive, with the owner's permission, a motor car not belonging to, nor hired or leased to them or their partner."

Almost certainly, the cover described in this sentence will be ONLY for third-party risks, unless your motor Policy SCHEDULE says differently.

If that is still unclear, then you will have to talk to Hastings Direct.

Offline danny89

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
cheers mate, i have a scentance saying ''Provided that the person driving holds a licence to drive the vehicle or has held and is not disqualified from holding or obtaining such licence'' do you think that would mean the same thing as what you said?

Offline brianshel

• TS Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
cheers mate, i have a scentance saying ''Provided that the person driving holds a licence to drive the vehicle or has held and is not disqualified from holding or obtaining such licence'' do you think that would mean the same thing as what you said?

If your Certificate of Insurance does NOT include the sentence I mentioned, or similar, then it looks to me as if you are NOT insured to drive other cars.

The sentence you mention is really only about being qualified to drive / holding a driving licence. It appears on my Certificate of Insurance, also. But no, it clearly does NOT mean the same thing as the sentence which I quoted.

If you want to drive other cars on your insurance, then you really should talk to your insurers first, to make sure.

Offline Baj MZ3

• Takara Class
  • aledh.co.uk
    • Aled H
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:02 AM »
Just signed up to Hastings and provided your over 25 they have said the extension is added to the policy automatically. The certificate included the wording as stated in posts above.

Offline Monsal3

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:13:29 PM »
Hi All

If anybody is reading this, then please don't insure with Hastings Direct. I had an accident on March 7th. For six weeks I was told that my car was being repaired. After seven weeks I was told that it was written off! After eight weeks I was finally given a settlement figure. After nine weeks I have still not received any money

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:13:29 PM »