Author Topic: Details coming out  (Read 29377 times)

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
Details coming out
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »
Prices came out yesterday. A bit pricey for the top models. In America you get the same car (with similar equipment etc) for only slightly more Dollars than Pounds.

Some safety options were hinted at- by a Mazda 'official' a number of months ago, are now in an option pack. For example, I would have thought the RVM (monitors cars in blind spot and warns when changing lane) would have been standard these days to compete with other marques. It is standard on my 3 mps.

Anyway, I will look at the full list of standard equipment when it is released so as to compare.

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
Re: Details coming out
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
Replying to myself so updating.

Very surprised it doesn't have a heated windscreen - even as an option.
This is a shame. At the momnet outr mps does... but is not ideal for winter motoring, BUT out VW Tiguan doesn't... which is good for winter motoring. I think Mazda have missed an important bit of equipment there, especially as more manufactures are providing a heated windscreen either as standard or an option.

Offline 185sport

• Sports Class
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
Is the heated screen to do with the partial Ford ownership which has now been terminated?  I believe that Ford may have patents on that technology and only Ford or Ford owned brands get the heated windscreens.
2010 2.2d[185] Sport Hatchback in Black Mica

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Is the heated screen to do with the partial Ford ownership which has now been terminated?  I believe that Ford may have patents on that technology and only Ford or Ford owned brands get the heated windscreens.
Not so now, I believe. Many manufactures have it. For example, VW, where a heated windscreen including heated jets is £255 in total

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »