Author Topic: Aftermarket Sat Nav  (Read 49785 times)

Offline spoilerm3

• S Class
Re: Aftermarket Sat Nav
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
There is no speed sensing wire. It is a gps receiver that calculates the speed by communicating to the gps satallite.
2008 Mazda3 gray color. Flip Up monitor, tinted windows, 4 tires :D, etc.....

Offline BJ the exile

• Ultimate Class
  • Defender of the Red
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
There is no speed sensing wire. It is a gps receiver that calculates the speed by communicating to the gps satallite.

...............  and pretty accurate too as it calculates at an error or something like 2 or 3 metres   ...........  I use mine as a more accurate version than my car speedo.
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Edith Sitwell

Offline a15cro

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »
I do too!

I have both sat nav and a gps camera detector and they are both bang on. Ideal through SPECS at roadworks.

2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2 auto, Westfield SeiW Zetec st170 Blacktop & 1980 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7 V8.

Offline BJ the exile

• Ultimate Class
  • Defender of the Red
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
I do too!

I have both sat nav and a gps camera detector and they are both bang on. Ideal through SPECS at roadworks.

Got Nuvi 760 and Microfuzion but only the SN gives me the speed. Specs are a sod, used to be you change lane and they were invalid but now they have imported new ones from Holland that overcome that perk  :( :(
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Edith Sitwell

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • 2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
    • My Cardomain site
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »

oops sorry seems like i mistook ur garmin gps kit with the kenwood one which requires a speed sensing cable to be connected to the car's wiring.. thanks for clearing that up :)
2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
Veba Freeview TV box, Rear view camera, Front View Camera
Colour Coded Headlights, Angel Eyes, MPS Aero Wing Mirrors

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
Anyone know how long itll take customs to sort out my parcel?? cos its been in England now since Wed and i cant wait to get it set up!!!
Ford Focus ST170

Offline alfa_aficionado

• S Class
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »
Just placed a deposit on an MPS and came across this which I think would look awesome in it.

I saw somewhere else that you can convert it into a touchscreen - anyone here done that?
Also does anyone have any experience of using it with an Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro or similar?

Finally, craig2d have you received it from customs yet? How much did customs charge you (and what was the declared value if you don't mind me asking?)

Cheers,

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »
no im still waiting to get it from customs, well as far as i am aware, as im currently working away from home. but hopefully i'll have it for thurs/friday when i get home
Ford Focus ST170

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »
Just placed a deposit on an MPS and came across this which I think would look awesome in it.

I saw somewhere else that you can convert it into a touchscreen - anyone here done that?
Also does anyone have any experience of using it with an Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro or similar?

Finally, craig2d have you received it from customs yet? How much did customs charge you (and what was the declared value if you don't mind me asking?)

Cheers,

Well im waiting for it to arrive, should be anytime soon now! only cost me  £35 for customs... not bad i dont think!! but thats a fair price on a gift that is only worth $300  ;)
Ford Focus ST170

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »
Well ive got my screen and sat nav fully fitted now, just need to sort out the maps. pics to come tomorrow when i get chance to upload them
Ford Focus ST170

Offline alfa_aficionado

• S Class
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
Can't wait to see the pics Craig. How long did it take you to install?

Did you go for the Garmin satnav setup? (did you get it from the xenonstore also?)

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »
it took me about an hour install the screen (cos id forgot to reinstall the ariel in the back of the radio, so had 2 take it out again) and about another hour to set the sat nav up, after id hidden all the miles of wire you get :P i'll post the pics tonight. i didnt get it from the xenonstore, got it from caradvance.com i just need to get better maps, as it comes with northern america and europe, but the euro maps only show motorways and A roads, so at the minute i live in the middle of no where  ;D
Ford Focus ST170

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »
Well as promised here are my pics, sorry they are a day or two late... stupid laptop aint recognising my SD card when i put it in  :(
Comments welcome!!!

When its closed

When its open

GPS receiver

Garmin Box ( Under drivers Seat )

The wires under the seat look a mess, but theyre not really, just that there are 2 fuses in them little black boxes, and i wanna be able to get to them if i need to.

Ford Focus ST170

Offline spoilerm3

• S Class
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
Well as promised here are my pics, sorry they are a day or two late... stupid laptop aint recognising my SD card when i put it in  :(
Comments welcome!!!

Looks great craig2d!!!  Did you install it by yourself?? Another thing, you can get it shiny with an interior protector liquid :)
2008 Mazda3 gray color. Flip Up monitor, tinted windows, 4 tires :D, etc.....

Offline craig2d

• TS2 Class
  • Not a Mazda...
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »
yer i did it all by my self  ;D i dont mind it not being shiny just happy thats its all fitted and working  O0
Ford Focus ST170

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »