Author Topic: 2009 sport - LED Hyperflashing  (Read 598 times)

Offline eldiablo

• S Class
  • life ain't nothing but a game
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
2009 sport - LED Hyperflashing
« on: December 07, 2021, 08:41:13 PM »
Hello peeps, stavros de name LED's da game  8)

So I have a 2009 3 sport, it came with original mazda LED tail lights, so I thought I would change all the exterior bulbs to LED bar the Bi Xenon HID headlamps.
The reversing light, Fog light, 3rd brake light are working perfectly but the indicators are hyper flashing which is grinding my gears.

I didnt get $h1tty ones either they were canbus ones, and 15 quid for a pair from our lovely covid-19 friends.

Now I'm new to this so maybe i am writing this in vain, the front are still incandescent bulbs, which i have in my posession some DRL/Turn signal LED's which i plan to swap at the weekend along with the H11 LED fog light bulbs I bought.

Is the reason I'm hyperflashing due to the fact I have not changed the fronts to LED ?? 
I really dont want to have to wire in, in-line load resistors as this will be a ball ache and not really worth the hassle.

If anyone on this site has upgraded their BL to LED flashers/turn signals I'm all ears cos it looks barry white right now, its meant to be an upgrade not a spazzy downgrade.

Offline StevenRB45

• Ultimate Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: 2009 sport - LED Hyperflashing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »
Nah, when you change the fronts it'll flash even faster.

You need a led compatible indicator relay, standard one of meant to flash faster when a bulb is blown. Due to the low draw of the led bulb it does that.

Plenty available online, swap one in should sort it, other option is wire in resistors to increase the draw back up but relay is more plug and play.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: 2009 sport - LED Hyperflashing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »