Author Topic: Mazda 3 2019 1.6 Skyactive G  (Read 1623 times)

Offline stevefitz1959

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Snowflake White Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2019
Mazda 3 2019 1.6 Skyactive G
« on: July 06, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »
Hi. Opinions please. Just booked my Mazda 3 in for the 24 month service. I am on a pre paid 3 year servicing plan. Whilst booking the car in the receptionist tried to sell me an engine flush as part of the oil change at a cost of £24.99. I said I didn't need this just change the oil and filter. Modern oils these days keep engines pretty clean so provided you keep up with the oil and filter changes in my opinion the engine flush is not needed. My question is do Mazda recommend the use of engine flush in their technical manuals. Some manufacturers don't and even go as far as saying engine warranty could be voided. Any thoughts?     

Offline Ste7en

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda 3 2019 1.6 Skyactive G
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
Was it Stoneacre? I've just had the same thing :)

Said I didn't want it and they replied "We'll mark it down anyway. You can knock it off the booking when you get to the garage".

Like you, I don't see the need with new synthetic oils. Especially if you keep on top of your servicing.

I've Googled 'engine flush' and read all kinds of opinions. From snake oil to people who swear by it and all the way back to it can damage your engine.

I'm of the opinion that it didn't need it before and the only thing that has changed is the name on the dealership door. So I'm opting out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 08:35:00 AM by Ste7en »

Offline ColinW

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Eternal Blue (45B)
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »
The last car i did an engine flush on, because it seemed like a good idea was a 2010 Astra SRI.  It almost instantly  developed a top end attle every time i started it from cold.  No idea if its relevent but personally, i agree oils have moved on immensely in the last 30 years, if you do your changes regularly, sludge shouldnt build up anyway.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »