Author Topic: G1W DASH Cam Installed  (Read 3838 times)

Offline whittington

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Zeal Red Pearl (41G)
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2013
G1W DASH Cam Installed
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:32:05 AM »
Been looking at loads of offers on  a DASH Cam and decided to go for this model as it has a screen, the reviews on Face Book have been excellent, it's all set up, but not installed yet as weather is awful.

From what I have been reading, (just one below) and what i have seen with setting it up.

It's very impressive cost me £45 with 16Mb card, so do have a look at this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo76bkytA3o

Pete
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:50:42 PM by whittington »
Mazda 3 - Venture 1.6 Diesel  Hatchback.
Only £30 road  tax my old 2.0ltr sport cost £180!!

Offline carl.allen96

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: G1W DASH Cam
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:08:37 AM »
That looks like a pretty good camera for the price, good choice!

I use a Mio Mivue 518 dash cam and it does the job perfectly for what I need.

These cameras are a brilliant bit of kit just in case something does happen, least you've got that peace of mind. Look forward to seeing the install.

Offline whittington

• TS2 Class
Re: G1W DASH Cam Instalded!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »
Installed it this afternoon and working very well very much same at the Mogly set up of  his Mobius, but i did as the lady said, on his pages
 [u]"why did you choose to plug it into that power adapter and not the one in the arm rest / center console?"
[/u]

Thanks for that information as I was not aware a power socked was hiding in there!!

This  i did in about 30 minutes, so no cable visible and not all the work Mogly did in stripping out all the the trim as seen in his pictures. I  require the front one for charging mobile phone etc.

I did seriously consider using the power supply to the drivers mirror, but decided to do it this way as my dash cam now it now has its own fuse in the plug in connector , just in case !!

I like the screen on the cam as it's so easy to set it up in the car and see exactly what i want to see. Also don't need to connect to PC for setting it up. I have set this up so screen goes blank after 2 minutes, to avoid distractions.

For such a small neat device i must admit i was surprised to discover so many menus (at least 20 options) to select. Which are all well published on Youtube. One option i have selected is  to record mine in clips 3 minutes long, you can then save any one these of particular interest! then re-write as usual.

I also have the mini HDMI lead to HDMI, so will some time plug this into Tele and see some HD shots of mine and others driving!!

Not much point is showing pictures of this installation as Mogly has done this on his link.
Pete
[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:53:28 AM by whittington »

Offline whittington

• TS2 Class
Re: G1W DASH Cam Installed
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
Report on looking at captured video now it's been working for awhile!

Just a quick update on my findings with looking at captured videos on my dash cam.

1.   Waste of time looking at it in HD on Television, as it has to be controlled from the dash cam which is slow and very fiddly and the thing goes in to standby, but HD picture quality is fantastic!

2.    Ok and works well via the USB lead into PC, but it is using it's  battery up and the setting I have switches the thing off before you have seen the full 3 minute clip..

3.   The best way which I have settled for is to remove micro chip from dash-cam and plug it directly into the Pc this way you can do edit/copy anything you wish very easy and quickly.

4.   I have just looked at some 60 – 3 minutes clips and then deleted them, but kept one of an incident that was very close, but not involved in..

So this is the way to go and not removing the cam from the car, simply remove the micro chip whenever you want to look at anything, hopefully not very often!!

What is rather interesting is simply driving down to Tewkesbury and well within speed limits, looking at it on screen you would think I was going much faster! So think it might be useful to indicate one’s speed!

It’s also surprising how many 3 minutes clips I have  stored over the past few days!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:04:53 PM by whittington »

Offline gknight9

• TS2 Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »
Last year I purchased a Praktica CDV2.0 HD, cheap from ebuyer for £40.

Whilst there are smaller more expensive units out there, this does everything I want, more info here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/praktica-cdv2-0-hd-journey-recorder-uk-offer-%C2%A340-info.9967/

Like you I remove the micro SD card when I want to view the recordings and connect to the PC. I downloaded an application called Registrator Viewer (it’s free on the web) which uses the cameras video recordings and GPS data to map your drive, speed etc. in a split window view using Google maps.

Just to add Registrator Viewer allows the speeed to be displayed in MPH and not just the default KPH.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:20:26 AM by gknight9 »

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »