Author Topic: Air con not working  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
Air con not working
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »
I went for holiday and air con stopped working. Went to local Mazda and they told me that I have to wait 4 weeks for part to come. I dont have that much time, and by the time I will get home Mazda waranty will run out after 2-3 days. What should I do?

Offline Rearlz

• TS2 Class
Re: Air con not working
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
I went for holiday and air con stopped working. Went to local Mazda and they told me that I have to wait 4 weeks for part to come. I dont have that much time, and by the time I will get home Mazda waranty will run out after 2-3 days. What should I do?

If the fault was reported before the warranty runs out then it is fine. No cost.

It is not your fault they didn't have the part in stock when you booked it in to have it looked at and fixed within the warranty period..
Mazda 3 MPS, K+N Typhoon.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Offline foxy

• Sports Class
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
What part was it?

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:04:14 PM »
What part was it?
I have no idea, pulley between belt and air con pump  ???

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
Been to Mazda dealer today and my warranty is till 26th and they told me that my warranty run out on friday 12pm. I need new compressor which cost almost £900 + labour  :'(  OUCH!!!! they will try to contact Mazda it self and see that they will say. But most likely it will be 50%-50%  >:(

Offline Adiroo

• S Class
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
Just had exactly the same, I have a 2007 sport which needed a new compressor and also the aircon clutch which Mazda dealer only realised once I had waited 4 weeks for the compressor which meant another wait,  wasnt impressed by service at dealer at all kept telling me it would be done in 2 days, then another 2 days, Id rather know upfront this is how long I will have to wait.  Luckily mine was a company car so even though outside warranty for me they footed the bill!  Just got back last week and I have to say my aircon is much cooler than it has ever been and seems to work much better.  Hope your repair goes quicker than you expect.
Mazda 3 sport 2L Petrol True Red

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
Just had exactly the same, I have a 2007 sport which needed a new compressor and also the aircon clutch which Mazda dealer only realised once I had waited 4 weeks for the compressor which meant another wait,  wasnt impressed by service at dealer at all kept telling me it would be done in 2 days, then another 2 days, Id rather know upfront this is how long I will have to wait.  Luckily mine was a company car so even though outside warranty for me they footed the bill!  Just got back last week and I have to say my aircon is much cooler than it has ever been and seems to work much better.  Hope your repair goes quicker than you expect.

Could be cooler because they had to change conditioning gas/fluid ??? atleast you got your car sorted. If I have to pay for it, it will be very long time before it will be sorted  :(

Mazda reliability  is VERY poor, even manager (I think) was laughing and asking '' Are you going to buy mazda again? ''

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
Got a call from Mazda today and they told me that they are not doing anything  :o

What can I do?

Offline aj74

• TS2 Class
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »
well my A/C has just stopped working, one day blowing ice cold, next warm and sticky, rad fan comes on, climate acts normal etc but no cold air, not happy cos I aint got a day off till bank holiday weekend and then I'm busy!!!  :(

Offline sk4tec

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
Got a call from Mazda today and they told me that they are not doing anything  :o

What can I do?

I wouldn't take no for an answer, I would write to Mazda UK. Or consider writing to what car.

I had a VW Passat which had oil leaking from the around the air con compressor. It was 6 years old but I sold it! It can happen to any car really.

1998 Peugeot 306 XSi 16v
1999 VW Passat 1.8 Sport
2002 Golf Mk IV GT TDi 150
2005 Mazda 3 Sport 2.0 (Petrol)
Current: Seat Leon MK II FR 2.0 TFSi DSG

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

What can I do?

I wouldn't take no for an answer, I would write to Mazda UK. Or consider writing to what car.

I had a VW Passat which had oil leaking from the around the air con compressor. It was 6 years old but I sold it! It can happen to any car really.
Still waiting reply from Mazda, now I think 2 weeks past  :-\

Offline TrevorJ

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
I know this is an old thread but it is plainly a long running problem with Mazda 3s. I have a 2016 model and the Air Con was very poor from day one. I mentioned it at the first service after 3 months and was told it was working. After looking around the web, and this website in particular, it appeared that there was a serious parts problem that Mazda were struggling with. Long story short I have finally had the air-con mended by my very diligent and persistent local dealer. They changed the Condenser AND the Evaporator in the end, not to mention two gassings (at £100 a pop) so this has been quite an expensive problem for them. (Not to me I'm happy to say) Sadly the best of the summer seems to be over, but at least I'm cool again. My advice is keep at it! Incidentally, on every one of my eight visits to the dealer they were dealing with AirCon problems either over the phone, or in person, with other owners.

Offline Tall333

• Takara Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 10:28:44 PM »
We recently had the evaporator changed on our 2015 Mazda 3 under warranty, according to the dealer it involves stripping out the dash.  He said there was a recent tsb about poor welds on the seams.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 10:28:44 PM »