Author Topic: Question about ECU mapping?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Burnz0

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Question about ECU mapping?
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »
I have a Mazda 3, 2010, 2.2L Diesel (182BHP) and had a performance map put on it.

It's been to the garage twice since the map, one was for a DPF service light flashing (which is the usual indicator for it needing servicing) and one for a serious problem with the fuel pump which has been fixed.

The DPF light was just "reset" the first time, but the second time alot of diagnostics was done to it. The fuel pump was taken out, repaired, then placed back in the car and calibrated. During all the checks etc, the battery had gone completely flat at one point, and I lost all my mpg averages and radio stations etc. Will any of this of affected my remap? I've read about ECUs and apparently newer cars have PCM's? I'm not too sure which mine has, but somebody asked the question here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=69&t=191975 and I'm a little worried I might of lost my map.

I've been driving a 1L car for the last week so compared it just seems fast when driving, its hard to tell if it accelerated as fast as it did though. I'm not sure how much diesel it used before refilling either, I know it affected fuel economy. I'm hoping the map is still there it will just need to relearn.

EDIT: I know you can buy ODB2 readers online, I was thinking maybe I could "Read" (not flash/edit) the ECU file because I remember when the engineer mapped it the new filename ended with VPOWER. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

I was looking at this one in particular: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-V2-1-ODB2-Detection-Fuel-USB-Car-Auto-Scanner-Diagnostics-Tool-CD-ROM-/322229623774?hash=item4b0661dbde:g:GpIAAOSwHoFXss2L I've asked the guy if its compatible with my car. I would probably need to get some software for it too if I choose this route.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:12:25 AM by Burnz0 »

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Question about ECU mapping?
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »