Author Topic: boot release not working  (Read 4199 times)

Offline figgyburn

• TS Class
boot release not working
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
hi,not sure if this is the correct forum for this one. my mazda 3 gen 2  boot is not opening neither by remote and pressing the centre button on hatch or small rubber button at side of  tail lights.i have had to open it using the inside emergency lever.anybody any ideas what could be wrong before I take it to the dealers.cheers john

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: boot release not working
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:19:15 PM »
Have you checked the fusebox? Without getting the instruction manual out I wouldn't know which one it is but seems a logical place to start.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:26:08 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline figgyburn

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
hi.i thought of that and had a look in the hand book but could see nothing indicating a fuse relevant to the boot lock.perhaps someone could have a look at their book and point me in the right direction if there is a fuse which I should change. cheers john

Offline keith h

• TS2 Class
  • retired marine chief engineer. fitter/turner trade
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
Hi, I would say that you need check that the latching mechanism is lubricated, get a screw driver and make sure the latch can move freely. If its not this then remove the interior trim covering the lock, check that wires are not chafing to earth and that you are getting 12 volts to the boot release solenoid, Have you access to a multimeter?
Good luck with it keith h

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »
hi.i thought of that and had a look in the hand book but could see nothing indicating a fuse relevant to the boot lock.perhaps someone could have a look at their book and point me in the right direction if there is a fuse which I should change. cheers john

I've had a look through, there is a central locking fuse but you would think that would cause the whole system to go down rather than a single part. Unless it falls under the miscellaneous/non specific fuses it won't be that.

Offline figgyburn

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
hi,looks like a trip to the dealers then.although I don't open the boot very often and can always just use the emergency release.i'm probably going to change to a cx3 this year if I like it.I just got an invite from my dealer to see it at the end of the month. cheers john

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »