Author Topic: Public Service announcement  (Read 6107 times)

Offline E.T.

• Takara Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
Re: Public Service announcement
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:48 PM »
Nice

(That's in France init)  :P
Zoom Zoom

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 02:26:38 AM »
I hate to say it...but I like the C3. It's the Absolute opposite of my 3..handles like sofa but is suspiciously rocket powered (for a car of it's type). Everything about the driving experience is rubbish in road test terms, except the ride quality. it's just like-able though, mainly because of the engine, basically this car does not have a driving experience you point it where you want to go and it does it, there is 0 involvement It's like sitting on your sofa playing a videogame of your commute while using controls that are connected via a 56k modem.

But..it's got 3lb/ft less torque from it's 1.2 than the 165ps 2.0 petrol Mazda 3 but weighs about 250kg less and peak torque delivered from 1500rpm to 5000rpm, therefore mid range the word "hilarious" describes it. It's so much fun to bait other drivers with given the total lack of any "go fast" badging...also the fact it's pastel green and about as threatening as Pikachu does to seem to enrage BMW drivers when it blows their doors off.

That and it also has working Android auto which the 3 will offer some time never at this point.

Will say in terms of a long term proposition no, not in a million years. All the plastic (round the wheel arches and sills) is attached via tabs that are fitted into holes in the body. Yes thats right it has holes drilled in all the sills and wings for this...can't imagine rust starting there..the wiring as posted in a previous photo is terrible as well but as disposable item this Citroen is much more fun than the last one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:30:53 AM by StevenRB45 »

Offline misar

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Indigo Lights Mica (38K) Metallic
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 09:56:18 AM »
@Willpower
Several posts in this thread display a photobucket error message image.
Is it the poster, you or me causing it?

PS  Tried to post the image but the insert image button doesn't seem to do anything. How does it work?
PS2 Nor do the insert smiley etc buttons.
PS3 Tried the help button but help is not very helpful!

Edit: I just found your Pictures and Attachments post but I am still confused!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:00:02 AM by misar »

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »
My pictures work because I've never hosted off photobucket.

The other ones don't due to photobucket changing their TOS to require you to pay through the nose to allow hotlinking.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »
> misar.

I appreciate your confusion. When we started this forum 11 years ago the package that we purchased did not have the option to host images on the forum.  Ever since that time we have suggested using Photobucket to host the images and to use [IMG] links from Photobucket to resolve this situation. Of course we could possibly upgrade the package to a more modern system, but that requires a large payment. This in turn would probably mean a subscription. This site has always been free and we will hopefully keep it that way.

Unfortunately with no prior warning Photobucket suddenly decided to charge every individual with an account, over £300 to do what they had previously offered for free.

Consequently many images that were hosted on Photobucket became unavailable to the user, hence the placemarker that you now commonaly see throughout the forum.  To say the least this was devastating as we lost many many images that were in the forum pages because Photobucket now wanted to extract £300 per person to allow hotlinking.

In an effort to rectify this I hunted around to try and find a free alternative that members could use.

The results of this search, I posted in the topic you have mentioned i.e      ImgBB    https://imgbb.com   or   vgy.me   https://vgy.me   

Both of these sites will provide you with the [IMG] tags required to post a picture into this forum. 

All the smilie buttons work.    :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( >:D ^-^ O0     and the insert picture image requires the URL of the hosted picture to be inserted between the IMG tag to display that picture.   Everything works OK if you follow the guidance given in the Pictures and Attachments topic.

I hope this helps, but if you are still stuck then please PM me and I will try and sort it out for you.     

Regards
Willpower
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »