Author Topic: 2021 Mazda3 Sport GT. Dash Vibration!  (Read 404 times)

Offline jlogan

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
2021 Mazda3 Sport GT. Dash Vibration!
« on: July 10, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »
Hello... Just got lovely Mazda3 a couple of weeks ago. But a vibration type noise comes sometimes when road surface changes from smooth to less smooth!
It maybe a trim or something rubbing  issue.
Will probably get garage to investigate, but just wondering if any owners of similar models had this problem and resoli??!!
Thanks. J

Offline Engineer Andy

• Sports Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
Re: 2021 Mazda3 Sport GT. Dash Vibration!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »
Could be partly down to the car likely having the 18in low profile tyres - fine of smooth surfaces, not so much for ride quality and noise on rough ones, and when you go from one to the other any vibration transfers through to...something.

I found that the higher profile tyres shod on smaller alloys helped reduce any transmission of road noise and virbation to inside the cabin.  That might not be so viable an option for you, even if you were ok on the idea at all, as you'd have to sell the current set of tyres and wheels to even hope to offset the cost to change to a reasonable level - and that's assuming your car can downsize to the 205/60 R16 that the SE-L and some Sport models have (brakes size may be different - not sure).

I personally found the ride on cars shod on 18in wheels and tyres to be too firm/noisy for my liking (I test drove a CX-3 in 2017 on them [essentially the same set up as on the gen-3 Mazda3]).  Hopefully whatever the dash part that vibrates can be either tightened up and/or fitted with a rubber grommit (or similar) to dampen the effect and/or reduce the chances of it getting loose in the future.

Annoyingly dealerships (of all makes) are notoriously bad at diagnosing and fixing at no/low cost such problems, even when the car is still in warranty (manufacturer or dealer).  I suspect many think this type of problem is too much trouble (i.e. cost to them in terms of the work)!  Hopefully you can get yours diagnosed and fixed to your satisfaction asap.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: 2021 Mazda3 Sport GT. Dash Vibration!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »