Author Topic: Phone Pairing  (Read 747 times)

Offline IET

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
Phone Pairing
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:51:51 PM »
I successfully paired my Moto G5 Plus my Mazda3 Sport Nav complete with Contacts.  I only had partial success when pairing my husbands Moto G3 in his MX5 ND, since it did not import contacts?

After the above was carried out pairing failed when trying to pair my Moto G5 Plus in my husbands MX5 and when trying to pair his Moto G3 in my Mazda3.   

The only way I could successfully pair our phones in each others car was to “forget” the “mazda” bluetooth device on each phone and then I was able to pair the Moto G5 in the MX5 and the Moto G3 in the Mazda 3. However this removed the original pairing of the Moto G5 in the Mazda 3 and the Moto G3 in the MX5 ND and the phones would no longer connect in those cars  .

Contacts were NOT imported from the Moto G3 regardless of which car it was paired with.

Surely it should be possible to pair any one phone with both cars. I cannot understand why the Moto G3 contacts cannot be imported since I did give the phone permission to import to the cars devices.

This technology is supposed to make life easier, but only FRUSTRATION experienced.

Can anyone help me out here?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:55:09 PM by IET »

Offline moozmooz

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2016
Re: Phone Pairing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »
Have you checked if the phones you're trying to pair are listed/supported by Mazda on the cars you're trying to pair them with. If not, have a look in the manuals - section 5 on Bluetooth, or go to www.mazdahandsfree.com and check there. You'll need your VIN number. Even if your phones aren't listed, you'll probably get some connectivity.
My phone's not listed, but I get everything except texts, though it does notify me I've received a text. Doesn't bother me over much as I'm a strong believer in cars and phones don't match, with or without hands free.

Offline IET

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 05:33:32 PM »
Yes my Moto G3 is listed, although my new Moto G5 plus isn’t. 

For the Moto G3 I changed the name my phone uses for my car and was able to pair it with our other mazda car.

One problem solved, now I only have to figure out how to successfully import the phone contacts during or after pairing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:35:47 PM by IET »

Offline moozmooz

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
It's a while since I did mine, but I'm pretty sure once it was paired, everything else just happened without any further intervention by me. It's not something I pay much attention to, but I'm pretty sure it checks/imports contacts every time I switch on the ignition with the phone in range. If you go into the phone menu, you should be able to import contacts manually.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »