Author Topic: Mazda 3 SE-L  (Read 921 times)

Offline IRONTUSK

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2015
Mazda 3 SE-L
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »
I picked up a 2015 Mazda 3 in the said trim and it has the reverse parking aid, I get the beeps when reversing but nothing shows on the display? Is that correct? I thought it should show a picture of the vehicle and highlight where the obstacle is in relation to the car?
“We have a saying that time has no single measure, that time can be like frost or lightning or a tear or siege or storm or sunset, or even like a rock.”

Offline Tall333

• Takara Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Mazda 3 SE-L
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
Our 2015 SE-L is the same if it's any help.

Offline IRONTUSK

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:31:21 AM »
Our 2015 SE-L is the same if it's any help.

Ah ok, that kind of sucks. I have done a bit of digging and it looks like you only get the onscreen display is you have both the front and rear sensors, so on the sport only basically unless when you buy a new vehicle and pay extra!

I just find it quite difficult to actually judge how close I am and i`m not sure how accurate the beeps are, I may practice by reserving into my bins on the drive  ::)
“We have a saying that time has no single measure, that time can be like frost or lightning or a tear or siege or storm or sunset, or even like a rock.”

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:42:36 AM »
What you can do is just turn the ignition on (one click before the engine starts), put it in reverse and step around the rear of the car. Don't know about yours but you can hear the beeps outside on mine. I did this to get an idea as to their area of view (it has a surprising amount of side to side which can lead to a solid tone if you are along side something). Also you can find out what your margin for error is without risking nudging anything.

Will say I just use mine as a STOP! Notification, when it's a solid tone stay there (leaves 6 inches). Otherwise use the mirrors to reverse as normal, it just allows greater accuracy in judging where the back bumper is.

Our other car has a display in it and I don't like it, I don't think anything that encourages you not to be looking out the window/in the mirror during low speed manuvers is a good idea.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:55:06 AM by StevenRB45 »

Offline gravy258

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:02:58 PM »
the reverse sensors are a bit rubbish.
this works better and is easy to fit
http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=14010.0

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
What you can do is just turn the ignition on (one click before the engine starts), put it in reverse and step around the rear of the car. Don't know about yours but you can hear the beeps outside on mine. I did this to get an idea as to their area of view (it has a surprising amount of side to side which can lead to a solid tone if you are along side something). Also you can find out what your margin for error is without risking nudging anything.

Will say I just use mine as a STOP! Notification, when it's a solid tone stay there (leaves 6 inches). Otherwise use the mirrors to reverse as normal, it just allows greater accuracy in judging where the back bumper is.

Our other car has a display in it and I don't like it, I don't think anything that encourages you not to be looking out the window/in the mirror during low speed manuvers is a good idea.

I agree about using the rear camera - when I test drove a CX-3 sport, I found I was only concentrating on the camera view and nothing on anywhere else, which could be dangerous when there are other obstacles or people (especially small children) around.  The beeps are better (I also tested a 3 in Sport Nav [camera] and SE-L Nav trims [beeps only]) and mean the driver can still concentrate on keeping their eyes peeled all around as normal.

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

I agree about using the rear camera - when I test drove a CX-3 sport, I found I was only concentrating on the camera view and nothing on anywhere else, which could be dangerous when there are other obstacles or people (especially small children) around.  The beeps are better (I also tested a 3 in Sport Nav [camera] and SE-L Nav trims [beeps only]) and mean the driver can still concentrate on keeping their eyes peeled all around as normal.

That's the thing I live on a street where I have to reverse parallel park between a car and wall with about 3 inches total clearance. It's no bother done it for 6 years..but kids like to come shooting round the corner from infront on bikes or running and dive down the gap between the wall and the front wing as you swing the nose. If you're looking in the mirror they cross your line of sight..if you were looking down at a screen they wouldn't.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »