Author Topic: Free MOT Insurance for 3 year plus Mazdas  (Read 4237 times)

Offline brianshel

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2008
Free MOT Insurance for 3 year plus Mazdas
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of this advertised product? See http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/offers/3-year-plus/

It seems like a reasonable idea to me, especially as my 3 has a full Mazda service record and is now 4 years old. However, my local dealer knows next to nothing about it, and doesn't even seem to know how to find out! Incompetent or what? I think a clue is in that the Service Manager (how on earth did he get that job or the title?) commented to me that they may have to pay Mazda something "if necessary" in order to get something in writing. That was after I complained to them in writing, a month after they undertook the 4-year service when I requested the free insurance.

So maybe there we have it. No wonder they don't want to mention it to their customers if they have to pay out of their excessive profits. Makes you wonder what they do know about Mazdas - they also sell and service Fords.

Offline JS

• TS Class
Re: Free MOT Insurance for 3 year plus Mazdas
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
It works, but indeed, some dealers are not part of the scheme or so they say.
Your car is only 4 years old, why take the MOT insurance? It is not likely you will fail MOT so soon, but of course, one can never know... Also , there are exclusions , read the details.

I have made use of the EU assistance a few times, though if you service it in independent garages and arrange Roadside assistance separately, you might be better off.  It's up to you!

Offline brianshel

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Takara
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »
Thanks for that JS. I think I may be getting somewhere now. The Service Manager 'phoned today to say that Mazda has posted confirmation to me, on 5 October. Don't know here it has got to, but I suppose it'll arrive some day.

Regarding the car being only 4 years old. Well, I had a 323 which I reckon was better built than my present 3, and it had to have its front shock absorbers replaced at 5 years, even though it had only done 28000 miles at the time. That was quite expensive. I think I take the view that if free MOT Insurance is available then I might as well have it. I don't particularly value the alternatively offered breakdown cover. In 47 years of motoring I have never had to call upon a breakdown company, probably because I don't ignore warning signs. (No doubt I shall regret saying that!)

Anyway, thankyou for your feedback.

Offline JS

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »
.... In 47 years of motoring I have never had to call upon a breakdown company, probably because I don't ignore warning signs. ..

At times there are no warning signs...

You may be interested in this
http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=11099.0

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »