Author Topic: Hamster talking about a 3  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Duc de Pommfrit

• Ultimate Class
  • Forum shopkeeper
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Titanium Grey II (29Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Hamster talking about a 3
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »
Still not happy with the review of the old 3 by Hamster! Are the stereo lights really the best feature?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6eMYxWLnk

Of the 3 it looks the best by miles.   

Offline FleX

• Sports Class
Re: Hamster talking about a 3
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:45 PM »
Argh, VW's are over priced cars with sh*t all features. I really am not a VAG lover.  

I cant understand how he said it feels cheap inside, thats one thing that made me buy the car.

The biggest downside to a lowend mazda 3 is it's performance. For a 1.4 16v to be kicking out just over 80bhp is shocking tbh, and the torque band is dreadful (A little bit of power between 2k-3k all out at 4k-5k then you have to change gear. My punto was 90BHP and that was a 1.2 16v italian crap.

Obviously the above is only on my personal experience, i've never driven or been in a mazda 3 MPS or 2.0 for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:43:20 PM by FleX »

Offline Duc de Pommfrit

• Ultimate Class
  • Forum shopkeeper
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Titanium Grey II (29Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:38:27 AM »
My friend has an 05 Astra and it looks and feels cheap!   

Even if the Golf was a dog to drive they would still say it was a good car!!! 

Offline prhac

• Sports Class
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »
I have a VW (58 plate) and a Mazda mps (Mk2) and this may be one of the reasons why the short reviews given by some people are not often good nor balanced nor relate to the ‘real world’.

When entering a modern VW there is a feeling of solid, welcoming ambience. Everything is well laid out and obvious as to what it does. Good ergonomics - except for the poor cruise control. The quality appears to be very good and they drive well.

The Mazda doesn’t have the same initial feeling. BUT after a time, and it may be a few months, the Mazda’s feeling of inherent wellbeing and quality permeate. The extra functions you get for the money do come in useful and you haven’t paid an exorbitant amount of money for these extras. Everything is logically placed, once you get used to it. That sounds contradictory but isn’t.

The VW has given all it has to offer in the first week or two, unlike the Mazda. Also, the Mazda has individuality.

There have been many reviews of many brands of cars where first impressions were excellent, yet when there were longer term reviews, niggles and flaws came to the surface.

Offline 1.6D TS

• Takara Class
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
The Mazda is also streets ahead in the reliabilty stake!! ;D

Paul

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »