Author Topic: New Mazda 3 2017 Sport Nav  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Ed-Led

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
New Mazda 3 2017 Sport Nav
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
Hi all,

Another Mazda 3 has arrived in the household, this time my partner has purchased a 2.2 Diesel Sport Nav in soul metallic red. Really lovely car, she exchanged her 2014 Qashqai for it and got a great deal on a PCP. On first impression it seems a forward leap from my 59 plate Sport Nav and i'm looking forward to driving it when she let's me. I'll put some pics of it on here later.

An additional thing is it has one of those electronic handbrakes on it and i'm a bit nervous about using that on a hill start. There's some strange pressing of the brake pedal to engage it then release it which seems a bit odd when you're trying to get your biting point. The Qashqai just self released the handbrake when you set off. Will have to trial it without rolling down a hill backwards into the car behind.       

Offline mart_haj1986

• TS Class
  • Zoom-Zoom
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
Re: New Mazda 3 2017 Sport Nav
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:52:46 AM »
Not sure but i suspect it will have hill hold assist which holds the brakes on a hill for a short period so you don't roll back
Martin H - Nuneaton, Warwickshire UK

Offline Ed-Led

• TS Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:19:31 AM »
Just to update after 2 weeks with the new 3. The safety pack has some really interesting features on it such as the steering wheel correcting the car on it's own if you are moving out of lane. The blind spot indicators built in the side mirrors are also pretty innovative. I think these things along with the adaptive lighting and rear cameras make the safety pack an option worth having.

Offline FemGearHead

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Class
  • Colour: Meteor Grey Mica (42A)
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
I've had my 2016 since Dec. 2015. The (what I call) anti-roll back feature was a bit odd at first, but now I really like it. I like having the ability to disable the blind spot monitoring if I want (I leave it enabled at all times). The back up camera is very nice to have. It's a great step up from my 04 3.
Do American cows not Moo? Or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »