Author Topic: NEW 2016 - Spare Temp Wheel ?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
NEW 2016 - Spare Temp Wheel ?
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »
I've just joined but have a Honda Civic (12) petrol 1.8 V-tec at present which is 4.5 years old from new. I have seen the 2016 Mazda 3 SE-L NAV in the local showroom and really fancy a change over to mazda after being an avid Honda driver for many years. The last change was from the Honda Accord to this Civic and it has been faultless and a great drive. I have a test drive on Friday on the new Honda Civix Automatic, as I fancy the automatic for a change and it would make life easier for the better half if she needed to drive at any time. She has a Peugeot 308 and thinks that is a big car.

Does anyone have the model I am looking at and can say what they think of it?

I usually make a part exchange when I change cars, but realise that this is not getting the best price, so may look to sell privately. It's only done 32k, as I dont drive so much now I'm retired, but always serviced at Honda where I bought it from. Same with the Accord when I had that. Colour is white pearlescent and I added front and rear sensors and it has the sat nav, model ES-T. Tinted rear windows also, so should be attractive and worth more to a private buyer than to a garage in PX.

Hope to hear from the Mazda 3 SE-L Nav drivers if there are any about.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:36:10 PM by Badger161 »
Retired but having fun with my hobby at  www.badgerwoodcrafter.co.uk

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
Re: NEW 2016 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 01:35:25 PM »
Seems a bit quiet, but here goes another question?
Almost certain I will be getting a 2016 Mazda3 nav Sport petrol Auto with the latest interior updates, but lack of spare wheel does worry me even though I have not been caught out with my present Honda Civic 2012 that I will be 9dissapointingly) trading in for a silly low price,

Do not want to go to breakers yards etc, be here is the best place to buy a temporaty spare and accessories as a pack to fit in the lower boot space, a they are cheaper than a new full tyre. Or is it best to order i with the car?
Thanks. Malcolm

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: NEW 2016 - Spare Temp Wheel ?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »
My personal suggestion to see if you can get one thrown in on the deal for a reduced cost. Full price the kit seems to be between 3-400 quid from a main agent which is a significant chunk of change for what it is.

Do recall a mk3 owner posting he'd fitted a mk2 spare without difficulty as although an inch smaller they have the same rolling diameter and stud pattern and should clear the brakes. They are on eBay with a Jack for about 130 quid however I don't know if the Jack is the same as I've never seen a mk3 Jack and you'd still need the foam insert to stop it rattling.

Again people have fitted them after purchase someone with 1st hand experience will hopefully be along shortly.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:59:29 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »
Thanks Steven. Just trying to plan ahead.

Offline RichardC

• Takara Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »
I bought a new 2014 2.0 Nav Sport Auto and did a deal with the supplier over the spare wheel/tyre. In the first 900 miles I had 2 punctures in the wall which couldn't be repaired so had to buy 2 new tyres. Those fitted are Dunlop SPMaxx which are unavailable in the UK or Europe so had to buy 2 Falkens which have been ok. These tyres are an odd size with very few manufacturers making them. Appalling that Mazda say in the handbook that it is very important to fit replacement tyres as those of original equipment. Obviously complete b     t! I have enjoyed my Mazda but am getting rid of it it on the grounds of noise. At motorway speeds the noise precludes conversation or even listening to the radio.

My suggestion is get a spare wheel and think twice about road noise.
Sunbeam Talbot 90
Sunbeam Rapier
Hillman Avenger GT
MGBGT
Hillman Hunter
Triumph 2.5PI
Cavalier S Reg
Sierra A Reg
Sierra F Reg
Cavalier H Reg
Cavalier M Reg
Vectra P Reg
Subaru Impreza Turbo W Reg
Mercedes SLK 230 51 Reg
Mercedes C180K 07Reg
Mercedes C180K 59 Reg
Mercedes C180 CGI 61 Reg

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »
Thanks for your help everyone. I have now changed my requirements to a 2L petrol Mazda 3 Sport Nav manual with 2017 spec, but am awaiting a demonstrator to be available.  I have already indicated I wanted a spare wheel thrown in the deal and awaiting the answer.

Had a test drive of the auto and the manual and the auto was not as good as expected. It seemed to be waiting to go up a gear and not as comfortable to drive as the manual.

Anyway, enough on this post foir now.
Malcolm

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
I think the 3 works best as manual especially as someone took the time to set it up properly. The reason I bought my car was that on the test drive the "handshake" the car was just right, so gearbox, pedals, steering all calibrated with care and as a result made a nice cohesive experience. I think it would lose something without a manual gearbox (although I know the auto owners may disagree).

If it was like our Citroen then auto would be better (the controls in that car are terrible like they were set up by someone who has never driven a car before). But the short throw gear change is nice and adds to the character and a little fun to general biffing about.

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »
Thanks for your help everyone. I have now changed my requirements to a 2L petrol Mazda 3 Sport Nav manual with 2017 spec, but am awaiting a demonstrator to be available.  I have already indicated I wanted a spare wheel thrown in the deal and awaiting the answer.

Had a test drive of the auto and the manual and the auto was not as good as expected. It seemed to be waiting to go up a gear and not as comfortable to drive as the manual.

Anyway, enough on this post foir now.
Malcolm

UPDATE ........  Had a call from the dealer who arranged the test drive and the car I drove, which had vbeen reserved for someone else, was now available. Apparently the buyer got cold feet as he had to spend a lot to get his old car up to MOT standards and said he couldn't afford the new one now.
Anyway, it's a Blue Reflex 2017 Sport Nav Mazda 3 manual petrol with 2829 miles as a demonstrator since 24th September. It's now mine and I collect it next week after the Diamondbright finish, on the road pack and a spare wheel kit fitted, so I'm a happy bunny. 

They were very good and added a few bits and a couple of free services to sweeten the pot and effectivly increase what they paid for my Honda.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »