Author Topic: Front bumper - interchangeability 1st Gen, facelift  (Read 3756 times)

Offline zed_the_pirate

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2007
Front bumper - interchangeability 1st Gen, facelift
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »
Hello everyone.. i'm hoping I can tap into your fountain of knowledge : )

I have done a quick search, but couldn't see anything specifically regarding my problem.

I have crashed my 2007 Mazda 3 2.0(petrol) 5dr Sport.

And I am looking for a replacement Front Bumper, but it seems most cars (sport version) that breakers have, have had a front crash, so the 1st Gen, Facelift Mazda 3 Sport bumper is quite rare.
I was wondering if the bumpers are interchangeable. I know that you also need to get a matching grille for the bonnet, as the sport has a different bonnet grill. Also that saloon and hatchback do not mix.

I'm not assuming many people would go from a Sport to other (eg: TS2 )  I need the car on the road ASAP, due to little baby etc.

Essentially, which Bumpers would fit onto my 2007 Sport ?
Ideally I'd like to keep my foglights..

Below is a photo of my ruined bumper (although since then we have .. unbent it so doesn't look that bad)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, i'm normally a forum lurker rather than .. joiner?  It seems Mazda liked to have variety, which makes it hard to track down specific parts/part numbers ( at least for me, as not used to doing it that much yet, I feel like a detective almost )

Offline JOFAUK

• Takara Class
  • It's actually a Katano....
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Katano
  • Year: 2007
Re: Front bumper - interchangeability 1st Gen, facelift
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:40:19 PM »
Hi. Just been reading your posts. Not good. New to mazda 3's myself so understand the unfamiliarity issue. I have found sg petch website sell bumpers and grills. I guess depends how cheap you want to go though....

Offline Newbs

• MPS Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:25:39 PM »
earlier sport models upto 2006 have different shape front fogs so you can only really fit what you already have unless you want to go to the hassle of changing them for earlier spec ones.
rear windows tinted black,carbon fibre pillar trims,stainless steel scuff plates,led interior roof bulbs,led number plate bulbs and piano black handbrake lever handle + leather gaitor.blue alloy tax disc holder,badges painted metallic black,silver painted dash and console,carbon stubby aerial

Offline Smith1989

• TS Class
  • Colour: Strato Blue (25E) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Sakata
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »
Someone please correct me if im wrong but i think the bumper will fit, you would need a replacement grill though as they are different shapes. The saloon will not though. i have seen a few how tos on putting post facelift bumpers on pre facelift cars but cant seem to find them now. so cant see why it wouldnt work in reverse
Don't let the light at the end of the tunnel distract you from the train that's fast approaching...

2013 - 55 reg Mazda 3 Sakata 1.6
2011 - X reg Skoda Felicia 1.3 Poplar

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »