Author Topic: Mazda sport 2008 radio code maybe required in the future?  (Read 5950 times)

Offline rgbm3

• S Class
  • Zoom Zoom
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Mazda sport 2008 radio code maybe required in the future?
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Just purchased a 58 plate mazda 3 sport saloon, I have noticed that I haven't a radio code or handbook, if I were to have to disconnect the battery am I going to run into problems with codes required?

Is there a way to program my own code into it while its working fine at the moment?

Thanks

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Year: 2004
Re: Mazda sport 2008 radio code maybe required in the future?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
Normal the Audio does not have a code set unless it has been input by a previous owner.  Therefore on battery disconnect you should have no problem.
However as your Audio is working Ok at the moment, then it is possible to enter a personal code in case of any theft.           

You only need to do this if you consider that there is a likelihood or high possibility that your radio might be stolen.   The beauty of built in radios is that unless you have a compatible Mazda3 then the radio is not of much aesthetic value to any potential thief.

The procedure is as follows . (This applies to Gen 1 Audio systems only)

1.   Begin with the Audio unit off and the ignition switch in ACC position

2.   Press the Audio memory button (AUTO-M) and the channel preset button 6 simultaneously for about 2 secs until “CODE” is displayed

3.   Again press the auto memory button (AUTO-M)  and the channel preset button 6 simultaneously while “CODE” is displayed (within 10 secs)
 The display will exhibit bars    - - - - 

4.   While the bars are displayed, input your personal code number by pressing channel preset buttons 1,2,3, and 4.   Press 1 for the first digit, 2 for the second digit, 3, for the third and 4 for the last digit.               For example, if your number is 4213, press1 five times,2 three times, 3 twice and 4 four times. If the display goes off while inputting, begin from step 1

5.   While the code number is displayed, press the auto memory button (AUTO-M)   and the channel preset button 6 simultaneously for about 2 secs. The unit will beep and “CODE” will begin to flash. After about 5 seconds “CODE” will disappear. This indicates the system is set.

NOTE     If Err (error) appears on the display repeat the proceure from step 4.  If Err is displayed 3 times consecutively, code input cannot be completed. If this happens,turn the ignition switch to the off position and start the procedure from the beginning.

If you really find it necessary  to follow the above then please make sure you input a number that you can personally remember and write it down somewhere, to pass on to any subsequent owners.

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline rgbm3

• S Class
  • Zoom Zoom
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »
Thank you for your help, will try this tomorrow on my lunch hour.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »