Author Topic: 1.6 Sport petrol  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Newbs

• MPS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
Re: 1.6 Sport petrol
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 09:52:41 PM »
WOW !!!!
i have never seen any thing like this before.
the tar must of been extremely hot to melt glass.
you have the right to get your car repaired at any repairer of your choice on the council's insurance.
rear windows tinted black,carbon fibre pillar trims,stainless steel scuff plates,led interior roof bulbs,led number plate bulbs and piano black handbrake lever handle + leather gaitor.blue alloy tax disc holder,badges painted metallic black,silver painted dash and console,carbon stubby aerial

Offline Ad

• Takara Class
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
WOW !!!!
i have never seen any thing like this before.
the tar must of been extremely hot to melt glass.
you have the right to get your car repaired at any repairer of your choice on the council's insurance.
I'm sure I've replied to your post yesterday. Don't know what happened.

It was sugested to me that sparks from an angle grinder can cause a similar looking damage to glass.

I wrote an email to the council. Hopefully they will be willing to help.

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
wow thats pretty bad. Imagine if your window had been down and it flew into the car, and your child just happened to be in the passenger seat at the time.... if you get my drift.

Offline Ad

• Takara Class
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »
wow thats pretty bad. Imagine if your window had been down and it flew into the car, and your child just happened to be in the passenger seat at the time.... if you get my drift.

That's what I wrote in my letter too. It could have caused a fire or burn mine or my passenger faces. Well dodgy.

BTW I'm not getting much luck with the car TBH. My car is back in the garage for a second time.

Basically I had the workshop booked for monday for brakes fixing. I was promised before I collected the car (when I was buying it), that the brakes will be fixed. They weren't. So I called them back, complained, booked the car into the garage and got the front discs and pads replaced for free. Great? Well, not really. Because they managed to break more things along the way.

When I got the car yesterday (back after fitting new brakes), I noticed the TSC light not clearing as it should after few seconds. It is on constantly now. It wasn't before. I was told that sometimes it happens when changing brakes and to do few miles and it should clear. They were just closing down for the day anyway. Of course the light did not clear after doing few miles. I also noticed that the car pulls to the right, there are vibrations on the left hand side of the car and the steering wheel is juddering when doing anything more than 50 mph. What's more there was a nice shiny brand new screw stuck in a rear tyre  >:(

Got back home, googled "TCS light on Mazda 3" and... almost got a heart attack.

So back on the phone and the car is back into the garage. Unfortunately this time I didn't get a courtesy car, but I was promised that the car will be an absolute priority and they will get it done ASAP. I was offered a lift home and told that if I need a lift anywhere to give them a call.

I can't really trust them, so I got my mate to pick me up to work tomorrow instead.

Nightmare continues.

Offline Ad

• Takara Class
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »
I'm not sure whether to post updates or not. It's probably boring to read, so just a quick one today.

I was told that it is a pump in the ABS system that failed (ESP pump?) and it needs to be replaced. It will take couple of days to get the part, so I was told the car will be ready on Monday at the earliest and I was finally given a courtesy car (second this week).

I also decided to keep a diary of what's happening with the car and complain to their HQ later. I think this all is a joke. Apparently the car had a service in March and MOT in April. I got the car beginning of June and there are all sorts of problems. I was also told that the car will get a pre-delivery check to make sure everything is ok and yet they failed to spot dodgy brakes and ABS failure. Two very important safety systems.

Offline makkmartono

• MPS Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »