Author Topic: Mazda 3 2.0 Deisel Sport  (Read 4600 times)

Offline heathy

• TS Class
  • Mazda 3 2008 1.6L Sport Hatchback
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Mazda 3 2.0 Deisel Sport
« on: March 27, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
I'm considering purchasing a 2.0 deisel as our beloved 2.0 petrol might be marked as a write off but wanted to know if there are any common issues with the deisels compared to the petrols that i should be looking out for?

Offline heathy

• TS Class
Re: Mazda 3 2.0 Deisel Sport
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »
Have just read through the following within this forum:

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?board=81

and with all due respect i think i'll stick with a petrol  ;)

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
Plenty to think about.  Have a good read through this http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?board=81.0

Edit:  Ah you beat me to it.. :D   
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline The Bun-yip

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
Hi Heathy,

As I am the author of those posts I can tell you that I now prefer the torque of my diesel to any petrol engined car I ever drove. So I would not give up on Diesels without some careful thought were I in your shoes. Petrol could be best for your needs but then again... Only you can make that choice.

The Mazda3 2.0 Diesel was only on sale for about a year so there may not be too many to choose from.

When it comes to comparison with the 2.0L petrol I suspect that the 1.6 D Hi Power would be a closer fit. Should be easier to find at a good price. We could point you out a few ideas to give one a bit of extra ZoomZoom for not much cash. They can be a bit hesitant at low revs but that is easily overcome.

If it is superior ZoomZoom you want then the 2.2D may fit the bill. Funds permitting.

No diesel is ideal for use as a local shopping trolley come school run bus only. They all benefit from a good fully warmed up run fairly frequently to prevent any DPF issues. Because diesels take a bit longer to warm up they benefit from longer runs and not lots of stop/start peak urban traffic use.

Offline heathy

• TS Class
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
Hi Heathy,

As I am the author of those posts I can tell you that I now prefer the torque of my diesel to any petrol engined car I ever drove. So I would not give up on Diesels without some careful thought were I in your shoes. Petrol could be best for your needs but then again... Only you can make that choice.

The Mazda3 2.0 Diesel was only on sale for about a year so there may not be too many to choose from.

When it comes to comparison with the 2.0L petrol I suspect that the 1.6 D Hi Power would be a closer fit. Should be easier to find at a good price. We could point you out a few ideas to give one a bit of extra ZoomZoom for not much cash. They can be a bit hesitant at low revs but that is easily overcome.

If it is superior ZoomZoom you want then the 2.2D may fit the bill. Funds permitting.

No diesel is ideal for use as a local shopping trolley come school run bus only. They all benefit from a good fully warmed up run fairly frequently to prevent any DPF issues. Because diesels take a bit longer to warm up they benefit from longer runs and not lots of stop/start peak urban traffic use.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it but as the car will only be doing short runs i think buying a petrol will be more cost effective going forward

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »