Author Topic: Banzai Crail 27th May  (Read 4649 times)

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
Banzai Crail 27th May
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Anyone heading to Crail on Sunday 27th for the annual Banzai event at Crail drag strip?

Never been to the Banzai event before. Hopefully heading up with a few cars. Don't plan on hitting the strip or anything though just to spectate.

Just wondering if anyone else will be going be nice to meet anyone face to face :)

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
Re: Banzai Crail 27th May
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:39 PM »
Sounds good but I don't think my 3 kerbed wheels could blend in with the rest of the gleaming cars on show!! I was thinking bout gettin another Glasgow meet sorted if you're up for that?
Done: Light smoke tint all round, Powder coated wheels in charcoal grey, LED number plate + side + interior lights + front fogs, Carbon look centre console, Black magic tree and Baby on Board sign.

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »
Not going on a stand or nowt mate, just going up for the show and have a look around and watch the 1/4 mile racing.

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
Ha! Sounds like it would be good anyway!
Done: Light smoke tint all round, Powder coated wheels in charcoal grey, LED number plate + side + interior lights + front fogs, Carbon look centre console, Black magic tree and Baby on Board sign.

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
Well got to say it was a cracking day. Sun was spliting the sky all day with very little cloud. Feeling the burn a little today though  ;D

Some nice Jap metal turned up and there must of been been at least 600 cars including those parked around the grass.

Only saw another 2 mazda 3's though :( A Gen 2 mps parked on a stand in the grass area and a gen 1 mps (non aero) hitting mid 14's on the quarter. Not bad considering its not the best surface.

Here is some pics my mate took and uploaded so far of the day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinwoods/sets/72157629923519086/

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »
Looks like it was a good day, never been to anything like that before! Can't believe there was only 2 Mazda3's, did u check all 600 cars!!??!! Lol. That's what I like about the Mazda3 there's not too many of them!

Offline gazzunka

• TS2 Class
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
Most of the cars wern't in the show area so to speak. All just parked around everywhere or waiting in the que for the strip. More clubs on the grass. Watched most of the cars come in and only seen the two.

SHould go sometime mate. Cn be a good day out. The next one I fancy traveling over to crail for is the USSC (ultimate scottish street car) That always gets a good turnout for the quickest cars in Scotland. Some serious stuff turns up on that day :)

Offline DaftDriver

• TS2 Class
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
Aye sounds like my kinda thing, it's just gettin the time these days. I'm headin up that way on Tuesday with work, wonder if they will let me try the strip in my 7.5 tonner!!!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »