Author Topic: my worst ever test drive!  (Read 5502 times)

Offline postmanpan68

• S Class
my worst ever test drive!
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »
hi all,
I've been on the lookout for a mazda 3 takara for a while now to replace my mazda 6 diesel 07 with well over 100000 miles on the clock and thought i saw a bargain 58 plate ex motability £4990.

Aparently it had just been valeted. apart from the wax that was still to be removed.

How wrong i was, the garage stated it had low miles 58000 to be exact, the dark blue bodywork was awful with too many scratches to mention, cigarette burns in the roof lining near both front windows, aerial missing, paint scratches on all doors when they could have been opened against a wall and a smell like it had been used as a smoking room.

But last of all when i looked in the front ashtray it was full of coffee!!!!!.

Needlessto say i walked away with a dumbfounded salesman wondering why.

Offline Samp!

• Super Ultimate Class
  • MX5 MK1 AND MK3.5 NOT A MAZDA 3 BUT STILL A MAZDA!
Re: my worst ever test drive!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:50:40 PM »
if this ex-motability car was at a non Mazda dealer then there is a reason for that, its because none of the Mazda dealers want to buy it, Mazda dealers get the 1st pic of the motability cars when they come to the end of their life, the cars that are unwanted by the dealer network then get sent to auction where others can buy them, so motab cars that are at smaller non franchised car dealerships tend to be the rough of the rough if you get me...
USED TO HAVE: MAZDA 3 1.6 SPORT NAV IN ALUMINUM WITH EIBACH SPRINGS AND CUSTOM CORKSPORT SRI INTAKE

NOW HAVE: 1. MX5 MK1 1.8 IN BRITISH RACING GREEN LOTS OF MODS
                 2. MAZDA MX5 SPORT BLACK IN WHITE NO 384 OF 500 EIBACH SPRINGS, K&N PANEL FILTER & LOTS OF LITTLE BITS

Offline NewMazdaMan

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
I had a similar experience only with this Mazda when the salesman opened the passenger door there was a pool of coke in the footwell with the can still there :S
New Sidelights are only a few shredded fingers away!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »